Pokemon Christmas is hack version Pokemon Gold. Language in game is English. Slogan of this game is “Trainin’ in a Winter Wonderland”
This is part of what will become a mini-series known as the “Johto Legacy”, which continues to tell the story of Johto after Gold and Silver left off. This is much more than a simple graphics hack to add snow. This game takes place the same year as GSC, just later in the year. It assumes that the events of GSC (the radio tower take over, gyrados and all) took place that summer, so the major events will be different, and more holiday themed. But it isn’t just a holiday gimmick. If you love Ice types, or just want to see a new story in Johto, this is for you.
- Major events changed to new and often Holiday themed ones
- New tilesets to give it a snowy winter feel
- Map updates to take advantage of more map block availability
- New Pokemon added (from other gens, plus a line of Fakemon)
- A new move (Flame Ball)
- Several new items
- Ice sliding on frozen lakes, not just in Ice Path.
- A few references to other Skeetendo hacks you might catch (including hints at the upcoming prequel)
- New locations (and missing Kanto areas restored)
- Some wild pokemon location changes, some are the same
- Some trainers changed, several the same
- Lots of events have been redone, removed, added, etc.
- Some trainer classes have been changed
- There have been changes to the Elite Four
- Viridian has a different leader
- Game corner prizes (Johto and Kanto)
- Original Version: Pokemon Gold GBC (U)
- Current Version: 2012
- Language: English
Just like Platinum, the player is dressed for cold weather
New Cueball Trainer
New Female Swimmer
Kanto also gets an update
Pokecenters get an update as well. Melash is also using this tileset for his Pokémon Hack.
Things have changed, even before you leave home.
I wonder how?
Route 45 anyone? (You cannot surf from there, though. The water is on a different level than you.)
South Isle (NPCs edited out because I didn’t want to spoil the Legend Festival)
A taste of the new update. Increased continuity with the upcoming prequel.
Continuity addition. This house belongs to the player from Spirits and Legends.
Hmm, I can’t imagine what this place would be.
Another Sterling Silver reference, Zigzagoon and Linoone are here now!
And there is a surprise related to them, too.
I had forgotten to rename this route in the last version, so that’s been fixed.
It’s been redesigned too! Wonder what South Isle itself is doing.
Well, we can’t go through that cave yet.
And what are Team Rocket doing here?
There’s obviously something Rockety going on at South Isle.
Could this have something to do with why Jasmine is taking so long to return from her trip?